Sunday 4 May 2008

Welcome...

to firejohnmotson.

For our first ever post a few details of the purpose of this blog:

The title would seem to imply that this blog will be about BBC football commentator John Motson. Well it will be at times but the main reason behind starting the blog is for me to address what I feel are the low standards of sports commentating and writing in the UK. Motson is a figurehead as he is the worst commentator out there and the highest profile.

Most of the posts will probably consist of me ranting and raving about shocking sports journalism.

Yes this is unashamedly inspired by the original FJM: firejoemorgan.com as well as football365's great Mediawatch column. Unlike the authors there I am not a writer by trade although I do work within the sports industry in the UK.

Enjoy

Blog Archive